pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Fashion Faux Pas: Mommy's Edition.

I work in a women's retail store, which means that I get to "style" a lot of women (of all ages)  who don't know how to put an outfit together, who don't know what would look good on them, etc. etc., I love helping people like this, because once they have checked out and you seen them walking out the door they start walking with a totally different attitude. They are happier with their purchase and with themselves, and that makes me feel extremely happy!

But before we get to the happy ending we go through a couple of hits and misses, which are very important to know. That way you don't make the same mistakes again and you go to a store knowing exactly what you are looking for. So what am I getting at with this story? Well, I am here to give you some tips and tricks in order to avoid these fashion  faux. I want to help YOU eliminate those bad choices before you even start wearing clothes!

Fashion Faux Pas: Mommy's Edition. so let us begin!

Fashion Faux Pas #1: MOM JEANS.

via

They do not flatter anyone, unless you are a size two, girls who wear a size two can get away with wearing anything. And I hate them, ha! Just kidding, but no really. The only benefit from these jeans is the high rise. As a Mom you gotta pick up the kids or pick up toys from the floor, so when you bend down you don't wanna be showing people your  junk in the trunk. Another "good" thing that I've heard about these types of jeans is the comfort. but I have news flash for you ladies!  There are SOOO many more styles of jeans that provide style, comfort and that high rise that is very important for Mommys!

Fashion Faux Pas #2: TRACK PANTS/TRACKSUITS
via

Remember the one Mom from Mean Girls ? Who said "I'm not a regualr mom, I am a cool mom?"

 Well.. try not to be that kind of Mom. If you remember being a teenager then you should remember that pretty much anything that your parents did embarrased you, so now imagine your Mom dressing like this and trying to act all "Young and cool" No, just NO! So just do your kids a favor and avoid these tracksuits.

Fashion Faux Pas #3: LOW RISE JEANS


via

I mean, I feel like I don't need to explain why you shouldn't wear these types of jeans, the picture is pretty self explanatory  But just in case some of you still don't get it here I go: These types of jeans are NOT for everyone. If they make you look like this or close to this then pick another pair. No one likes to have a muffin top and no one likes to see a muffin top.

Fashion Faux Pas #4: THE WRONG UNDERGARMENT



This is a no brainer, every woman should know what kind of bra to wear with each shirt she owns.  Visit Victoria secret and get measured  Know your right size and the right style for you. Also make sure you own the following color bras: white, nude and black!

Fashion Faux Pas #4: LEGGINGS AS PANTS



I will be the first one to admit that if I could wear leggings every day during the winter I would, they are  just so comfortable! BUT you must remember that they are leggings and NOT pants, that means that you HAVE to wear a top that is long enough to cover your booty and leggings that are not see through.

I just want to let you all know that I do not want to offend anyone, I think that Moms do so much for their kiddos and husbands that they should do something for themselves. For the longest time my Mom did not care for her appearance, she just cared about mine. She wanted to make sure I looked my best. Now that I am older and can take care of myself I make sure that my Mom looks stylish because she deserves to look good AND feel good!

8 comments:

  1. Great post. I totally agree with everything you wrote. I am a mom too, but I will never wear those so called mom-jeans because I just feel how this type of pants make me fat :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!And honestly I thought companies would stop making them and burn all existing ones. But it seems that they are still around believe it or not!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I sort of inspired this post with my status the other day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I've had this post all ready to go for a while and completely forgot about it! Your post just reminded me that I should probably post it :P

      Delete
  3. My Mom recently ordered me to buy her a pair of jeans--she gave me the size and style she wanted--I found one pair that was extremely Mom jeans-ish that I was sure she would approve of...and then a found another pair in the same size, and also higher waisted, but much, much better looking. I chose the good looking pair, and I really hope she'll like them! Buying clothes for someone else is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sooooo hard to buy things for other people! Sometimes just because they tell you what they are looking for and the size it doesn't mean that it is going to fit! All clothes are made differently and while I may be a small in one store I might be a medium in another! That's why shopping is sooo hard!

      Delete
  4. I desperately trying to re-work my wardrobe since having quadruplets. Nothing fits anymore. :( If it fits around my leftover quad belly, than it's baggy through the hips and butt. If it fits my hips and butt, then I can't get it around my middle. It's so, so discouraging. You should do a post on how to dress a post-birth body that just won't go back to the way it was.

    And yeah, mom jeans are a no-no. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a real challenge! BUT..... challenge accepted! It might take me some time to figure it out :)

      Delete